As a, Interactive Designer, you will be responsible for the design and development of innovative, high-quality global interactive campaigns and general web site enhancements — including banners, mini-sites, landing pages, email blasts and social media assets. You will work closely with Digital Marketing Producers, Front-End Developers, Global Marketing, and E-Commerce teams to ensure online design objectives and timelines are met to Belkin’s standards.
How you’ll do it
- Supporting marketing efforts by designing static but interactive and engaging online assets — including email blasts, static homepage marquee banners and promo modules, mini-sites, landing pages and social media components.
- Taking designs from concept to completion and handling a variety of tasks — from developing concepts, exploring information architecture and UX issues, design production, developing final designs and art directing photo retouching to presenting to key stakeholders.
- Collaborating with team members to develop innovative designs.
- Understanding the marketplace, competition, industry, etc. to ensure optimal design value and interactivity is achieved.
- Learning about the vast product lines under the Belkin and Linksys brands.
- Adhering to the established budgets and timelines,
- Maintaining the Belkin and/or Linksys brand guidelines.
What you’ll need
- Associate degree, or higher, in Graphic Design.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in interactive design and e-commerce.
- Online portfolio with approximately 10 website examples must be submitted as part of the application process.
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in Photoshop CS5, InDesign CS5, Illustrator CS5.
- Collaborative team spirit.
- Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Passion about pixel-perfect layouts and design.
- Solid understanding of UI Design.
- Solid understanding of multi-platform user experience challenges.
- Experience with high-profile, global brands; ability to create innovative designs within brand guidelines.
- Experience with designing responsive sites is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong understanding of motion design is not required, but a big plus (Flash CS5, After Effects CS5, HTML5).
- Familiarity with CSS and HTML/HTML5 is preferred but not required.
- Interest in and/or experience with a consumer electronics brand is a plus.
What you’re getting into
This position offers the rare opportunity to work on a team that is tasked with elevating the web design and user experience of a billion-dollar international consumer electronics brand. Beyond having a strong online portfolio, you will be expected to be a designer who is extremely motivated, self-driven, independent yet collaborative, flexible, resourceful, positive and patient.
This position is perfect for a designer excited to take on the challenge of working in a corporate environment (with a fun and smart team) and contributing to the evolution of a global brand’s web presence.
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at www.belkin.com/careers
For creative roles, please ensure to have a link to your portfolio.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.